Jun 24, 2008

Happy Father's Day


For Father's Day I got myself a new Harley, from the kids of course! It's a 2006 Sportster 1200 Low and has been getting about 42 mi/gal. I expect the gas milage will go up when the engine is broken in. It only had 80 mi on it when I picked it up. I like the contrast of black and chrome (see picture) and I already have a new set of V&H pipes picked out to go on it. The best part is, the money I save in gas basically pays for my bike and insurance each month. The guys up at Longhorn Harley-Davidson in Grand Prairie, TX are awesome. Ron sold me the bike and the whole process took probably 45 minutes or less. I already want another one (a 2007 Buell Firebolt) and when I'm ready to get it I'll go back to see Ron. I've had it up there for some very minor maintenance (it sat for almost two years) and Trent and the service crew were great about explaining the issue and making sure we were all on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment