Jan 23, 2009

Friday in Faith

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

As the body of Christ we are here to bring others to Christ so that they may rejoice in His grace and mercy. But we are not to neglect each other as we are still well short of His glory and need the encouragement to press on.

My family has been such a blessing to me the last several months. And I write this blog as if everyone reads it, but really there are probably just two people. My brother sent me a response to one of my recent posts and it was sent in God's timing for sure. I had a pretty rough week last week, Mindy was heavy on my mind. I got a phone call that boosted me up quite a bit, then I get a response from my brother that defies definition. To say it was encouraging is an understatement. I even tried writing him a response a couple of times but the words didn't seem right. Then this verse was put in front of me (God's practical like that) and it fit so well. So to my family who has propped me up the last several months and continues to do so, all the good words you've given to me are applicable to you as well. As Jesus instructs us to encourage one another so that we can all weather the hard times, you are displaying His control of your life in your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment