Nov 7, 2008

Friday in Faith

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I was reading this after getting an email with a passage in the same chapter earlier this week and it reminded me of Mindy. This was one of her favorites and she had rings and bracelets with similar inscriptions.

I have faith, hope and love. These three are rooted in Christ. And I have faith that he is the truth and I will be rejoined with her at his perfect time. And I have hope that his word will lead me to raise my children in a way that would glorify him first and foremost, but also honor Mindy. And of course the greatest of these is love. God's love and grace allowed Mindy to sit at his side now. She was baptised, as a show of her faith, on October 28,2007. That profession of faith along with her acts towards the kids should remind them of the love Mindy had for each of them. Love is the greatest, to be loved gives you the power to love. God loved us first and his love is unending.