Dec 11, 2008

All I want for CHRISTmas is you

Princess and I were listening to "All I want for Christmas is you" by Vince Vance and the Valiants in the car the other day on the way back home. I was singing along with the radio...she was singing along with me. Laughing the whole time. We were having a great time and it was one of those time where you think...I'll remember this for the rest of my life.


Not a week later, I was in the car on my way home from the J-O-B and the song played again ('cause it's that time of year). It wasn't until the song was almost over that I realized the memory I attached to the song was not that of Princess and I singing in the car, but of Christmas' past that were spent at home with Mindy. It wasn't until then that I realized the weight of spending Christmas without her. She is the angel atop my tree, She was my dream come true. Santa can't bring me what I need. 'Cause all I want for Christmas...





And this week has been so hectic and busy that I haven't been able to do much of anything. I have a good friend that has been on me to simply make a phone call. But by the time I get the kids settled in bed and prepare for the next day, I turn around and it's midnight. Who has time for conversation? I think that may be part of my stress, missing all the little things Mindy always took care of for us. So next week I'm going to put decorations at her grave site. I wanted to have it done already, but that's how it's been. It will be the most beautiful site in the whole lot! But I guess that's a photo for another post. Remember all your blessings in life, and find new creative ways to glorify God for putting them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment